The Sub-contractor Technician/Engineer plays a crucial role within our business. They are
responsible for maintaining and improving their technical skills and experience, as well as
undergoing necessary technical and health and safety training. The Technician/Engineer should hold a minimum qualification of level 3 in either Heavy Vehicle or Bus & Coach Engineering, Repair, and Maintenance.
- Carry out all work to the highest standards and report any problems or issues related to
work, health, safety, and welfare.
- Promote and demonstrate professionalism, good safety practices, and excellent customer
service at all times.
- Adhere to company and legal health and safety systems and procedures.
- Treat fellow employees and the management team with respect and dignity.
- Ensure that all jobs/work are completed safely and to the highest standards.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- City and Guilds level 3 or equivalent qualification.
- At least 4 years of post-apprenticeship experience.
- Full driving licence.
- PCV/LGV Licence (optional).
- Health & Safety management training.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong awareness of health and safety practices.
- Promotes and adheres to best practices.
- Carry out all work as specified.
- Promote and maintain good health and safety practices.
- Report any issues or concerns to the management team.
- Use equipment as specified and treat it with respect.
- Work in a clean and tidy manner.
- Always use the correct personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Maintain good levels of hygiene.
- Drive company vehicles with respect and report any defects.
- Read and understand all Toolbox Talks.
- Report any skills shortages and gather relevant information related to the shortfall.
Note: The above list may be amended as the role and responsibilities of the Technician/Engineer
evolve with changes in the business.
- £29 per hour
For additional benefits associated with the Sub-contractor Technician/Engineer position, please
contact Jamie Tolson, Operations Director, directly by emailing email@example.com or calling 0845 6060 474.