Paul Clark Services HV trained Engineer Gary Hildrew, removing a Hybrid Electric Generator from a New Route Master. Agreement reached during lockdown to carry out 5 year overhaul for London Bus Operators, Metroline, Arriva & Abellio.
Paul Clark Services became an IMI approved centre earlier this year for the IRTEC scheme and is planning further development of these services which can be provided to our customers. PCS is also working towards being able to also provide IRTEC Large Electric Vehicle Technician accreditation later in 2020. Please see details of our current training and accreditation services and the costs thereof:
• 3 day PSV Inspection training course using the PCS Inspection Manual and categorisation of Defects Manual with Power Point Presentation for 4 engineers at customers premises with suitable training room, facilitation of a suitable PSV vehicle and inspection facilities e.g. ATF
• IRTEC Inspection Technician accreditation – cost including registration fee, online tests and assessment
• Linked 3 day PSV inspection course and IRTEC accreditation for 4 engineers
• PSV Inspection course linked with IRTEC scheduled over 5 days, 3 day course Monday to Wednesday, followed by 2 candidates assessment on the Thursday and the remaining 2 candidates assessment on the Friday
• IRTEC IT assessments can be completed individually or two in one day.
• PCS presently investigating the potential to utilise remote invigilation for the online assessments allowing flexibility if all parts of the assessment cannot be completed on the same day and/or location (following registration and ensuring that the whole process is completed within 12 months of the initial registration)
Regarding prices for the above, please contact PCS.
Our workshops in Royal Wootton Bassett will reopen on Monday 18 May 2020 (while ensuring our facilities follow the government’s guidelines regarding the health safety for our customers and staff). Our opening hours will be 08:00 hours to 16:00 hours Monday to Friday. This is great news, getting another two engineers back to work (including our third year apprentice), protecting their employment.
PCS support the bus industry, repairing NHS Ambulances, rebuilding railway locomotive engines, carrying out warranty work for vehicle manufacturers, working for local authorities, keeping the Road Transport Industry wheels rolling moving essential workers to their places of work.
A very special thank you to all our engineers working extremely hard putting themselves at risk in busy workshops providing essential support to frontline business’s, who are doing a sterling job keeping buses, ambulances and other critical services on the road and keeping the country moving. Thank you and keep safe.
Paul Clark, Managing Director, Paul Clark Services Ltd.
Please see the following commendation from another satisfied customer, South Central Ambulance Services (SCFS), who PCS are going the extra mile to support during these difficult times:
Good morning PCS,
I would just like to say we would like to thank PCS for your continued support in these very difficult and challenging times and we fully understand the difficulties are suppliers are facing in these times. Your two technicians we have with us in our Didcot workshops are both highly valued and smashing guys and we consider them both to be members of the SCFS family, they are a credit to PCS and themselves.
Dear valued customers. PCS has made the decision to close our offices and workshop facilities in Royal Wootton Bassett owing to the present Coronavirus situation, taking measures to protect our staff and local customers from potential exposure. PCS will continue to providing frontline mobile engineers to support the road transport industry. Our engineers are still very busy supporting the industry, including bus, truck and NHS Ambulance Services around the country. The office hotline 0845 6060 474 and our managers mobile telephone numbers will remain live and ready to help customers with their requirements. Thank you for your continued business during this unprecedented period.
PCS currently has a vacancy at our workshops in Royal Wootton Bassett. The applicant should have the relevant experience and qualifications working on light and commercial vehicles.
A full car driving licence is a pre-requisite
For the successful applicant PCS is offering an excellent rate of pay – £17.00 per hour, Monday to Friday 40 hours per week, overtime available, 28 days holiday (Including bank holidays), company pension scheme.
This week PCS undertook its first IRTEC Inspection Technician accreditation at our office and workshop facilities. The engineering candidate successfully passed his Inspection Technician accreditation. We will now be moving forward with our action plan to ensure new engineers undertake IRTEC and those already accredited take their IRTEC re-accreditation. Congratulations to Andy Batner passing his IRTEC Inspection Technician.
PCS has recently become an IMI (Institute Motor Industry) approved centre. This will allow PCS to conduct IRTEC Inspection Technician accreditations, the first of which will be undertaken on the 18th of February.